Do you need to be tech savvy in order to protect your kid from cyberbullying and harassment from kids at school?
Many parents think that the major threats to their kids are adult predators who stalk them online. Those abusive adults are real threats and you can learn how to protect your kids even if you’re not tech savvy.
But adult predators are not the cyberbullies that most kids will encounter. Your kids are in more danger of harassment, intimidation, abuse and cyberbullying by kids they know at school through their phones and on online social network sites.
Fortunately you do not need to be tech savvy to protect your kids. With coaching:
- You can learn how to give your children the courage, strength and resilience they’ll need so they don’t take attacks to heart and don’t become victims of cyberbullying-caused depression or suicide.
- You can learn what to do to prevent trouble before it starts. Learn what your kids need to know beyond porno sites, phishers, spammers, sexting and giving away personal information online.
- You can learn what your children are doing online and on their phones. Learn how to protect your children from cyberbullying that occurs on social networks and especially on cell phones.
- You can learn how to respond rapidly and effectively after your children are attacked, including when and how to get the police involved.
- You can learn what you can do to make sure school officials protect your children – even if they don’t want to take action.
Cyberbullying is beyond school and social network “drama.” Cyberbullying may be a criminal offense. If you allow your kids to become victims, cyberbullying can have terrible effects.
Your children may be targets. Don’t let them become victims. If you don’t stand up to cyberbullies, they’ll think your kid is easy prey; they’ll just harass and abuse your kid more.
Post #32 – BulliesBeGoneBlog Parenting Bully-Proof Kids
Let’s focus on step one: Giving your kids the courage, strength and resilience they’ll need so they don’t take attacks to heart and don’t become victims of cyberbullying-caused depression or suicide.
You don’t have to be tech savvy to help your kid be strong enough to stand up to jerks and nasty kids at school. You lived through your own self-doubt and hesitation when you were young so you know what it takes.
Learn to keep a flame burning in your kid’s heart. Teach your children to be strong mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Remember the sign in the movie, “The Bridge to Terabithia,” “Nothing Crushes Us!”
You and your children need to be that strong, courageous and determined. Also, learn the skills necessary to be successful.
You know how school bullying was stopped when you were a kid. Technology has changed but the kids haven’t. You know what didn’t stop school bullies:
Minimizing, avoiding, or ignoring bullying
Begging, bribing or appeasing committed bullies
Accepting apologies, excuses, justifications and promises ... repeatedly
Giving in to fear, intimidation or blackmail
Convince yourself that the problem is too difficult to solve
Don’t wait for school administrators or cyber-bullies to empower you and your kid. Take the power you need and learn to use it skillfully so you can stop harassment, abuse and cyberbullying.
BulliesBeGoneBlog Power is Better than Empowerment
The best way to stop cyberbullies is to hire Dr. Ben for personalized coaching so you can:
Teach your kids to protect themselves, just like they would if they were growing up in the wilderness where there are predators who would eat them.
Protect your kids from school administrators who won’t defend targets and who may even encourage or collude with cyberbullying kids and their bullying parents.
Post #8 – BulliesBeGoneBlog Stop Bullies book reviewed in Denver Business Journal
Since all tactics depend on the situation, expert coaching by phone or Skype helps. Call me at 1-877-8Bullies to design a plan that fits you and your kid's situation at school. And build your will and skill to carry it out effectively.
BulliesBeGone Books and CDs
BulliesBeGone Hire Ben