I wrote "How to Stop Bullies in Their Tracks," because people asked me to. They wanted to benefits examples of my straightforward, practical, real-world methods and tips applied to hostile and abusive situations at home, with teens, in personal life and in the workplace. What's the cost of tolerating bullies? Slow erosion of your spirit.
The Stop Bullies book will help you protect yourself, your family, and your boundaries. Don't endure verbal abuse or emotional intimidation. Don't become a victim of bullies and predators. Instead, learn to increase your self-reliance, confidence and self-esteem.
The book contains 20 case studies showing you how to deal effectively with schoolyard bullies who have grown up and still try to take control and power over you in many situations:
- In the office at work (bosses, co-workers and employees).
- At home in the family (children, teens, parenting, mothers, fathers, your parents and siblings).
- In relationships (marriage, dating, intimate relationships, friendship). With domineering friends who try to thwart dieters and know what's best for you.
- Controlling, manipulative, nit-picking perfectionists.
- Hostile, critical, abusive, intimidators and boundary pushers.
- Negative, hyper-sensitive "professional victims."
You'll recognize them among your bosses, co-workers and employees; among your parents, teenagers, spouses, partners, siblings, friends, boyfriends and girlfriends.
Why have I been able to develop these methods and tips?
Bullies come in all sizes and shapes. No two bullies are the same, but their patterns of behavior are the same. They're the same from the schoolyard to adulthood. That's why I've been able to identify countermeasures that can be applied to any bullying situation. These strategies and techniques are not theories. They come from my real-world observations and they work.
You'll also find examples of individualized, personalized coaching and consulting to support your own inner work. You can learn to wise up, stand up and stay up in the face of self-bullying, and overt and covert bullies. The chapter and examples of people dealing successfully with Stealth Bullies has been eye opening for many people.