How to Stop Harassment and Bullying by Co-Workers and Employees
Hire Dr. Ben to get the consulting, training and personal coaching you need eliminate the high cost of low attitudes in the workplace.
Good bosses (owners, leaders, executives, managers) hire me when they have problems with harassment, bullying and abusive cultures. They should recognize:
- Verbal abuse, emotional intimidation and demeaning putdowns; harassment, intimidation and fear.
- Dishonesty and hidden agendas; antagonism and turf wars.
- Back-stabbing, gossip and boundary pushing.
- Hyper-sensitive, over-reactive “Professional Victims.”
- Lack of responsibility and poor work ethic.
- Poor morale and teamwork; high absenteeism and turnover.
There may be bullies and bullying at all levels of your company:
These bullies try to dominate co-workers. They try to control and manipulate supervisors, especially conflict-avoidant managers. They want special favors and then attack if the favors aren’t followed with more special treatment. They avoid honest evaluations. They get entrenched and form cliques to protect each other.
Their verbal abuse and emotional intimidation cause tension and hostility. They become the focus of so much time and energy that they destroy productivity. Obsessing on them can also ruin your personal life. The best employees won’t stay if you let the worst drag them down.
See Dr. Ben on, “Recognize Covert Bullies at Work.”
The best way to deal with these situations is to hire Dr. Ben for organizational consulting, training and personal coaching.
- Develop the strength, courage, will and determination to end harassment, bullying and abuse at work..
- Develop a plan and master the skills necessary to create a bully-free, highly productive workplace.